Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It's summertime!

It's finally feeling like summer, and as I'm want to do when it is hot, I tend to favor lighter and crisper, dare I say it, fruity/citrusy coffees. There, I said it and I'm comfortable with it. Seattle's Best, which is owned by Starbucks, has created a Beach House Blend, consisting of Latin American beans. It is advertised as being refreshingly mild, citrus flavored, sweet and delicate aroma and smooth finish. Ordinarily, I'd prefer to shop at a smaller roaster, but I was in a pinch, having had to pick up the latest Henry Aaron biography written by Howard Bryant at our local Borders bookstore. I was running low on beans and grabbed Beach House. There was something comforting in its familiarity. This coffee is crisp and light, perfect for in the morning. I've also used this blend to make iced coffee, for which it is better suited in my opinion.

Bean rating: 2.75 beans (out of 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment