Monday, November 15, 2010

Indonesian Flores

Flores is a small island located off Indonesia. The milling tradition is wet-process. This process uses water at the mill to transport the seed through the process, which allows for the removal of defects to float to the surface. Wet processing often produces a brighter, cleaner flavor profile, with a lighter body than dry process coffees.

The Flores coffee was sweet and floral, with a good, syrupy body and a clean overall cup of coffee. Flores coffee als has uses in espresso.

I thoroughly enjoyed this blend. I purchased this half-pound at EVP Coffee of Madison (www.evpcoffee.com) and highly recommend both the blend and the coffee house.

bean rating: 4.75 out of 5 (near perfection).

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, this blog is awesome! Thanks so much for entering my giveaway - I can't wait to check out all your coffee reviews, I'm always looking for good ones!

    ReplyDelete