Monday, December 6, 2010

Java - a little bit of this, a little bit of that

Java Estate is coffee produced on the island of Java (who wouldn't want to live there, right?). The Indonesian prhase "Kopi Jawa" refers not only to the origin, but also used to describe the strong, black, very sweet coffee.

I purchased a half pound of the Java Estate blend from La Java coffee house, in Green Bay, WI. This is pretty far from my normal taste preferences, but hey, I turn 35 in a few weeks, so it's time to shake things up and start that mid-life crisis a little early.

The best way to describe this blend is "chocolate earth." It had a slightly spicy initial punch, but the earthy and chocolate undertones lingered a while. I'd describe this blend as a medium to slightly full bodied cup, of medium acidity as well.

While this isn't driving my taste buds to shout to the heavens, it is decent for a change of pace.

Bean rating: 3.75 out of 5.

1 comment:

  1. I'm 1/4 Indonesian so I should probably give this stuff a try, right?

    Kelly

    p.s. Negative eight?! And you live to tell about it? You are not human.

    ReplyDelete